Affording a Semester
- Financial aid awards range from 10%-60% of tuition depending on need
- 42% of students have received financial aid
- Since 2003, we have distributed over $672,000 in financial aid awards
How do I apply for financial aid?
- Financial aid applications are open after the 1st of the year
- Visit https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4HKHD and create an account
- Completed financial aid applications are due by:
- March 1 for fall semesters
- July 1 for spring semesters
- Develop and submit fundraising plan to The Traveling School by financial aid deadlines – Fundraising Toolkit
Determining Financial Aid Awards
The Traveling School contracts with FACTS Management to ensure impartiality and professionalism in determining financial aid. FACTS collects applications and required tax documents. FACTS evaluates applications based on financial need, extenuating circumstances and available financial aid funds and makes a recommendation to The Traveling School.
Financial Aid Policies
- Students applying for financial aid must commit to raise a portion of their tuition
- Applications must be completed by the application deadline
- Divorced families – both parents must complete an application
- Financial aid recipients are required to write two (2) thank you letters – one (1) to the Board of Directors and one (1) to donors
Does fundraising work? YES!
- Students from across the country have raised:
- $3,000 by selling homemade pies over the holidays and a part-time job
- Over $14,000 through donations from church members, a family foundation grant, writing letters to friends and family, a car wash, a GoFundMe campaign, yard and bake sales
- $6,700 by baby and dog sitting, Africa themed dinner and speaking to local groups
Download the Fundraising Toolkit.
- Available to all families
- Administered through FACTS Management
- Can only be used for tuition payments – deposits and fees are paid directly to The Traveling School
- Payments can be made from bank account or credit card