Now Hiring: Office Manager
The Office Manager is a key position in our dynamic, often fast-paced, small Bozeman office. This position is responsible for supporting the daily operations of The Traveling School office and financial aspects of the entire organization. The position requires a motivated, organized and flexible individual with strong project and time management skills who can manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision. The Office Manager reports to and works closely with the Executive Director & Development Director.
Curious about what it takes to teach for The Traveling School?
Dive in and discover if you’re qualified and ready to teach, mentor, travel, and live with a tight-knit community of teenage girls and co-teachers while teaching about female empowerment, positive body image, leadership and finding a voice in this ever-changing world. Like students, teachers have limited personal space or free-time for the duration of the four-month contract and are requested to step back from technology to engage with the world.
- Click the teacher job description
- Do you meet the minimum qualifications?
- Does the scope of duties intrigue you?
- Explore our website to learn about classes, community living and Traveling School values.
- Follow us on social media – Be the first to know when we post job applications for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We endeavor to create a four-person teaching team with complementary skills.
- We seek instructors who have:
- Traveled overseas with groups of teenagers to the regions where we travel
- Teaching experience – either formal or informal with our target age group
- Outdoor education experience and/or experience with a leadership & group dynamics curriculum
- Our hiring process takes time. Jobs will be posted in early December and will close late January. We will review applications, interview and strive to hire our teaching staff by mid-April.
- We appreciate our teachers and know this is one of the most challenging yet rewarding jobs in the universe.
The Traveling School is committed to excellence through diversity in its students, faculty, staff, and Board of Directors. The Traveling School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees/applicants for employment and students/student applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or political affiliation – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or employment qualifications or where marital or veteran status are statutorily defined eligibility criteria for Federal or State laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The Traveling School will make reasonable accommodations to allow qualified individuals with a disability to participate in the essential functions of the program. This policy does not preclude discrimination based on bona fide qualifications or other recognized exceptions under the law.