Applying to The Traveling School
Who is eligible and when are applications due?
- Female high school students between the ages of 15-18 years old
- Students must be 15 by the semester start date (Fall – August 20, Spring – February 1)
- Priority Application Deadlines:
- Fall 2017: Priority application deadline has passed. Currently accepting applications through April 15th.
- Spring 2018: Priority applications due May 15, 2017.
- Fall 2018: Priority applications due February 1, 2018.
- Spring 2019: Priority applications due May 1, 2018.
- Applications accepted on rolling basis after priority deadlines – contact us to inquire about availability
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application
- Pay $75 application fee (non-refundable)
- Submit an official transcript and most up-to-date grades
- Submit two (2) recommendations – at least one should be from a recent academic teacher
- Academic Credit Verification Form – this form will be emailed to the sending school counselor and student upon receiving all other required components of the application
- This form ensures that the sending school will accept The Traveling School credits upon completion of the semester
- We will send you a confirmation packet in the mail when your application is completed
- Complete applications take approximately 45-60 days to process
- Students should submit their applications early
What are the next steps?
- Student-counselor meeting to ensure credit will transfer to home high school
- Student phone call with Traveling School staff
- Parent question and answer session with Traveling School staff
- Admission Committee reviews complete application, credit transfer and interviews to make an acceptance decision
- Complete financial aid application and begin fundraising – more information here
- Upon acceptance, a refundable $1,600 enrollment deposit is required to hold the student’s place
Contact us with questions regarding the application process, firstname.lastname@example.org or 406.586.3096.
The Traveling School is committed to excellence through diversity in its students, faculty, staff, and Board of Directors. The Traveling School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees/applicants for employment and students/student applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or political affiliation – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or employment qualifications or where marital or veteran status are statutorily defined eligibility criteria for Federal or State laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The Traveling School will make reasonable accommodations to allow qualified individuals with a disability to participate in the essential functions of the program. This policy does not preclude discrimination based on bona fide qualifications or other recognized exceptions under the law.