Applying to The Traveling School
Who is eligible?
- Female high school students between the ages of 15-18 years old
- Students must be 15 by the semester start date (Fall – August 20, Spring – February 1)
- Students must meet the Essential Eligibility Criteria
When are applications due?
- Priority Application Deadlines:
- Fall 2018: Priority applications due February 1, 2018.
- Spring 2019: Priority applications due February 1, 2018.
- Applications accepted on rolling basis after priority deadlines – contact us to inquire about availability
How do I apply?
- Meet the Essential Eligibility Criteria (above)
- Complete the online application (to be posted Fall 2017 for the academic year 2018-2019)
- Pay $75 application fee (non-refundable)
- Submit an official transcript and most up-to-date grades
- Submit two (2) recommendations – at least one should be from a recent academic teacher
- Academic Credit Transfer Form – Meet with your counselor to discuss your interest in a semester with The Traveling School
- This form ensures that the sending school will accept The Traveling School credits upon completion of the semester
What are the steps?
- Student interview with Traveling School staff
- Parent question and answer session with Traveling School staff
- Admissions Committee reviews complete application, credit transfer, and interviews to make an acceptance decision
- Complete applications take approximately 45-60 days to process
- Complete financial aid application and begin fundraising – more information here
- Upon acceptance, a refundable $1,000 enrollment deposit and a signed Essential Eligibility Criteria form is required to hold the student’s place
Contact us with questions regarding the application process, email@example.com or 406.586.3096.
The Traveling School is committed to excellence through diversity in its students, faculty, staff, and Board of Directors. The Traveling School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees/applicants for employment and students/student applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or political affiliation – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or employment qualifications or where marital or veteran status are statutorily defined eligibility criteria for Federal or State laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The Traveling School will make reasonable accommodations to allow qualified individuals with a disability to participate in the essential functions of the program. This policy does not preclude discrimination based on bona fide qualifications or other recognized exceptions under the law.