Come Join Us!
The Traveling School welcomes applications from any student who has a passion for travel and learning. Our students are looking to take a semester on and reignite their passion for learning. They crave a unique high school experience supported by inspiring teachers. They want to build genuine connections with other teenage girls and mentors while developing a deeper comprehension of the world.
- Highly motivated, adventurous, fun
- Curious, engaged, interested
- Academically motivated and well-adjusted
- Seeking challenging academic learning in a non-traditional setting
- Hoping to differentiate self on college applications
- Looking for support while thinking about life, school, career
- Interested in other cultures
- Desire one-on-one interaction with adult mentors/teachers
- Want to develop outdoor skills and competency
- We’ve had students join us from Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. International students from Italy, Zimbabwe, Columbia, Australia, Norway – and Panama.
Students of The Traveling School
Where do our students call home?
I frequently recommend semester schools to students and parents so that students can enjoy their immense benefits, including the opportunity to pursue a passion; the experience of living away from home in a different setting and part of the world with a new set of friends; the excitement of learning by doing rather than just learning by listening; and the opportunity to paint on a larger canvas with new paints.