Travel with 15 motivated girls and four inspiring teachers to a unique region of the globe. Earn high school credit while exploring the world. Develop outdoor skills and confidence. Immerse yourself in a new culture.
Spend a high school semester outside of the classroom. Fall semesters explore southern Africa. Spring semesters discover South America. Travel through several countries over 15 weeks immersed in diverse cultures and inspiring landscapes.
Be part of an all-female environment that fosters global competence and self-awareness. Return home with a new understanding of your place in the world and become motivated to make positive change.
Why Choose The Traveling School
- Immerse yourself in the world as your classroom
- Study abroad before going to college
- Expand your limits through authentic cultural interactions
- Learn about your surroundings from the people you meet
- Develop leadership skills and a sense of community while living with your peers
- Be inspired about learning from challenging place-based academics and experienced teachers
- Gain confidence in an all-female environment through outdoor adventures
- Cultivate self-awareness, respect, and a sense of environmental and social responsibility
Where are we traveling to next?
- Fall Semester, 2015: Southern Africa – FULL
- Spring Semester, 2016: South America – FULL
- Fall Semester, 2016: Southern Africa – Priority Applications Due by February 15th, 2016.
- Spring Semester, 2017: South America – Priority Applications Due by February 15th, 2016.
What Our Students Say
They all gave me goose bumps at some point or another- whether it was while debating human rights, talking about math in abstract ways I’d never imagined it before, singing Spanish love songs, or getting excited over the bioluminescence we had just scuba dived with. Everything we learned was dimensional and full of passion.
I truly can’t imagine where I would be today if it wasn’t for The Traveling School. That semester, along with those 15 girls and my incredible 4 mentors, inspired me to never stop exploring, to feel what I am feeling, to be present, to keep learning, and to make the world a better place for others.
I discovered the power of a meaningful, rigorous and experiential education and the ability I have in being the architect of my experiences. I came away from that trip feeling more confident, empowered, and inspired than before.