Sixteen motivated girls and four inspiring teachers travel to a unique region of the globe. Earn high school credit while exploring the world. Develop outdoor skills and confidence. Immerse yourself in a new culture.
Spend a high school semester outside of the classroom. Fall semesters explore southern Africa. Spring semesters discover South America. Travel through several countries over 15 weeks immersed in diverse cultures and inspiring landscapes.
Be part of an all-female environment that fosters global competence and self-awareness. Return home with a new understanding of your place in the world and become motivated to make positive change.
Why Choose The Traveling School
- Immerse yourself in the world as your classroom
- Study abroad before going to college
- Expand your limits through authentic cultural interactions
- Learn about your surroundings from the people you meet
- Develop leadership skills and a sense of community while living with your peers
- Be inspired about learning from challenging place-based academics and experienced teachers
- Gain confidence in an all-female environment through outdoor adventures
- Cultivate self-awareness, respect, and a sense of environmental and social responsibility
Where are we traveling to next?
- Fall Semester, 2017: Southern Africa – Priority application date has passed. Still accepting applications.
- Spring Semester, 2018: South America – Priority Applications due by May 15, 2017.
- Fall Semester, 2018: Southern Africa – Priority Applications due by February 1, 2018.
- Spring Semester, 2019: South America – Priority Applications due by May 1, 2018.
What Our Students Say
I have never seen my daughter more self confident, happy and relaxed then when she came back from her TTS semester. During her four months in Central America, she got up early every day, wore basically the same outfit day after day, studied more then she had ever studied in her life, and gave up her beloved iPhone – yet she said it was one of the best times of her life.
I truly can’t imagine where I would be today if it wasn’t for The Traveling School. That semester, along with those 15 girls and my incredible 4 mentors, inspired me to never stop exploring, to feel what I am feeling, to be present, to keep learning, and to make the world a better place for others.
I discovered the power of a meaningful, rigorous and experiential education and the ability I have in being the architect of my experiences. I came away from that trip feeling more confident, empowered, and inspired than before.